The Association of Thai ICT Industry (ATCI) is Thailand’s first Information Technology professional association. Its members include computer hardware and software manufacturers, distributors and service providers, together representing over 80% of Thailand’s Information and Communication Technology market. With such strong representation, ATCI plays a significant role in the development of National ICT Policy and the ICT Master Plan.
Leveraging Thailand’s resources, ingenuity, talent, and location to propel the ICT business into a world class.
To represent its member’s interests and to act as an advocate for the Information Communication Technology industry in Thailand. ATCI encourages the use of ICT to strengthen the national economy and society through trade and cooperation.
1. Promoting Thai ICT industry through business collaboration and sustained growth.
2. Focusing ICT human resource development.
3. Working with the government to formulate policy to stimulate ICT uses and technological
4. Acting as a representative of Thailand in the international arena to enhance the country’s
reputation and to build relationships across the region.
The first seed of ATCI was planted in 1983 when a group of computer vendors came together to organize an exhibition to promote local computer businesses. The show, IT Trade, has grown to be the key Information Technology Industry event in the country.
inspired the participants to establish the Association of Thai Computer Industry (ATCI) which proceeded to grow in both size and scope. To respond to the growth, in 1998 ATCI adopted a new charter extending membership to any company that sees information processing as core to its business, including manufacturers and information service providers. The expanded member categories better reflect the dynamism of the information industry.
In line with the convergence of Information Technology and Communication Technology
ATCI was renamed to the Association of Thai ICT Industry in 2005.
(1) Develop ICT industrial collaboration.
• Operate through four chapters, Hardware & Peripherals, Software & Services, Network &
Services, and Local Products to provide solid coverage of the Industry sub-sectors.
• Collaborate with other associations that are involved with the ICT industry to enhance
the Industry development.
• Organize IT Networking events to foster closer business relations among vendors and ICT
(2) Collaborate with the public and private sectors in ICT industrial development.
• Participate in government ICT related committees.
• Recommend and propose actions and programs to the government in expanding the Industry.
• Actively participate in public sector ICT functions and programs.
• Organize activities for executives such as Industry Round Tables and, CIO Executive Dinner
• Promote Thailand ICT Awards (TICTA), Asia Pacific ICT Awards (APICTA) to assure Thai
Software quality. Support ICT Market Outlook in collaboration with Ministry of
Information Communication Technology (MICT).
(3) Be a part of Thailand ICT regional hub.
• Collaborate with ASOCIO (Asian-Oceanian Computing Industry Organization) in developing
Regional ICT business.
• Collaborate with WITSA (World Information Technology Services Alliance) in Global ICT
business advancement and Global ICT Policies.
• Organize Regional ICT Events.
• Act as a focal point in coordinating international and local ICT business trade and
For more information about ATCI, please visit http://www.atci.or.th/President_Message.html